Saturday, July 14, 2007

Atlanta Botanical Garden

We've enjoyed the Atlanta Botanical Gardens in every season -- except summer. It's always seemed too hot to go. But this week we had a delightfully comfortable day and really enjoyed the gardens in their summer finery. We have several photos of the kids in front of this fountain in the entry; I am amazed to see Katherine is nearly as tall as the second level of the fountain these days.

Check out the giant insect sculpture exhibit here.


There's a new building in the skyline beyond the gardens -- in fact, there are new buildings all over Atlanta. I've never seen so many cranes in one week.







Katherine has always loved the orchid center. She took many photos, and as soon as I help her set up her own new sites, I am sure she'll share them with all of you.






Grandpa also likes taking photos and I enjoyed watching them both exclaiming over the huge variety of beautiful flowers to focus on.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: